Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dreams

Wow! Hard to leave it, but I'm forced to lose that world. I was a god among men, yet the one thing controlling me said it was over.

I roll over and see my kitty next to my bed. As I pet him, I am unable to push aside those thoughts. So great it would be, having the world at my disposal. As I close my eyes and imagine it, I attempt to re-enter it.

It is a trivial pursuit, and of course it fails miserably. I swing the covers off of me and stand up. Not bothering to don any clothes, I walk down into this world. My world, the waking one that is my reality.

Stepping out into the sunlight, in nothing but my boxers, I look up into the sky. Beautifully blue, it creates a nice framework for the houses and trees that surround me.

As I stare up into the blue heavens, I once again dwell on last night. That dream, it was so amazing! I was a king and everyone bowed to me. Anything and everything I wanted, right at my beckon call.

Of course this wasn't my first time, in the land of dreams. But it reaffirmed to me how lovely it is when I'm locked inside my own head. The most imaginative things I have created!

There was that time, I begin to drift away as I close my eyes, where I was a motorcycle cop! Oh what a glorious time! I was partnered up with Taylor and her gorgeous solid gold sports bike.

Or that time! What a wonderful time, where I saved the world because I was the only one who could. Yeah that was pretty sweet, holding the lives of so many in my hands.

As this last thought starts to slip away, I open my eyes again. Back in this world of reality. Where I am holding only one life in my hands. Just my own now, I feel slightly jaded.

My mind, constantly thinking without letting me in on its thoughts. I run back up to my bed and hop in. I will reclaim you! These last thoughts travel through my mind as I fade away into sleep. Back into my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment